17 January 2018
Digital Masterclass: 360 Photography - Part 1 (Inverness)
This two part course is designed for businesses who wish to adopt and utilise the business benefits of 360 photography and video; to advertise, promote and develop their business through the use of these media.
The delegate will borrow a 360 camera for the period between part 1 and part 2, from HIE, and attend both dates:
Part 1: How to use a 360 Camera – 17 January 2018
Part 2: Using your 360 footage – 7 March 2018
Register for Part 1 and you are automatically enrolled for Part 2.
This course is open to all HIE clients. We would recommend that the client nominate two individuals to work together with the objective of creating an immersive tours for Virtual Reality Headsets or an interactive photo tours for publishing online.
Part 1 – How to use a 360 Camera
The learning outcomes for Part 1 of this course are:
- Understand the technical background to 360 photography and its application to business development and promotion.
- Become familiar and proficient in the technical operation of twin lens 360 cameras, for both still and video photography (camera provided).
- Learn photographic principles, composition and use of location to apply these to 360 photography, to ensure quality output and appropriate resolution.
- Understand the application of 360 photography output and publishing to appropriate platforms, to be covered in detail in Part 2.
- Plan a project for a photo or video shoot appropriate to the needs of your business.
By the end of Part 1 of this course, delegates will plan their own photo or video shoot, appropriate to their business, and learn to operate the camera which they will be borrow between parts 1 and 2.
A support pack and a series of exercises will be available at the conclusion of Part 1 of this course.
Part 2 – Using your 360 footage
During the day we will be using the media and footage which you have captured following Part 1 of this course and using the principles learned in Part 1. To make the most of Part 2 and to spend quality time on the further use of the media and footage, please come prepared with examples of your work which you are happy to share and which we can work on in Part 2.
The learning outcomes for Part 2 of this course are:
- Understand the platforms available for viewing 360 photography
- Become proficient in appropriate photography post processing techniques where these are relevant to the project
- Develop skills to create 360 immersive tours for Virtual Reality Headsets.
- Develop skills to create 360 interactive photo tours; online or kiosk based.
- Understand the requirements for video editing for material and footage to be used for presentation online.
- Develop skills with appropriate technology (phone, tablet and PC) to create, edit and upload 360 imagery and media.
The course content will include a series of presentations, practical sessions and the key aim will be to produce a final, or near final, output for use within your business.
Angus Mackie from Scotland 360 will lead the course. Angus Mackie is a professional forester and photographer who has lived and worked in the Highlands of Scotland during the last 35 years and who is based on the Black Isle. Angus specialises in 360° panoramic photography and has considerable experience and expertise in this field. Angus finds immersive, interactive photography highly rewarding and has led to some exciting web based developments which are now finding their way online. http://www.scotland360.co.uk
This event is organised and fully funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Scottish Government's economic and community development agency for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. HIE work with private businesses and public and voluntary sector organisations to build sustainable economic growth across a diverse and beautiful region, from Shetland to Argyll and from the Outer Hebrides to Moray. We are committed to developing the Highlands and Islands as a competitive region which is home to strong communities, successful, high growth businesses and excellent quality of life.
HIE are committed to helping enterprises of all sectors and all sizes to make the most of digital technology in the way they operate and promote their business. Find out more at www.hie.co.uk
By signing up to this course you are authorising Highlands and Island Enterprise to share your registration details with the course tutor so that they can note attendance on the day and communicate directly with the delegates.
When17 January 2018 09:30 - 16:30
Where#hellodigital - Inverness